Sunday, November 8, 2009

Whangarei Championship Show

This weekend we drove up to Whangarei for the WDTA obedience and agility championship show.
We drove up on the Friday, and stayed in a cute little cabin at Alpha Holiday park.. which I would definitely recommend, very dog friendly.
I stupidly entered everything I could, which was a bit too much! We entered Special Beginners for obedience, and Novice, Starters, and Jumpers C for Agility.... on both Saturday and Sunday!
So first up was obedience, which was very nerve racking.... as it was only the second ever
Specials we had entered, and we have been working so hard with Jan lately! And he did the best every heelwork he has every done in the ring, his off lead was a bit sloppy, but we havent trained off lead. A good recall, and he stuck his stays! Yay I was so happy that we saw some progress! And Michelle was the steward, which was very cool (she is a great steward!).
So we actually won Special Beginners, which means that we are now officially out of Elementary for Paws n Music AND obedience! Two out of three, I only need to get out of elementary for agility now, and I will have achieved all of my goals for dog training for the year.
Agility was good, he is still making progress... two of the runs he was great, and I made a handling mistake which meant we didnt get a clear round, and the other rounds he was tired and played up. But it was a big weekend.
Then to top it off, 5 minutes before I was about to drive off, they drew the raffle, and I won a huge Christmas ham!
Wow, so a great weekend all around . I am rather tired though, and so is Brody!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your win in the obedience competition! I am proud of you guys!!

    ReplyDelete